Greetings, phenomenal sisthren and brethren. I’m here to give you the 5 lessons I have learned from my hair journey this year. The more time you spend being comfortable with your hair, the more it reveals to you (or hair bloggers reveal..ha ha!). I’m not a new naturalista but we all can keep learning from our beautiful, coily hair and each other!
1. Focus TCL on the back of your head.
This portion is the part you cannot really see most of the time but if you pay more attention to it than your front, it will get longer and make your ponytails and other hairdos look longer too. Don’t forget the back of your head!!!
2. Take time to create tight, moisturized twists at night.
If you don’t just hurriedly put some doo-foo twists in the night before , you’ll find styling your shiny, soft hair so much easier in the morning!
3. Keep protective styles in for 2-3 days and wear a headscarf.
This really helps hair growth. The key to this working is to still keep the twists/braids/buns well moisturized!!!
4. You don’t need a million new hairstyles. Honestly, just clipping your hair up for a classy look or rocking a twist out will always be effortless and look timeless. Don’t worry about having the same hairdo for a few days or a week.
5. Switch up hair products with the seasons.
This is my most important lesson. Grapeseed oil and a water- based hair dressing is terrific for summer, as well as aloe and honey. But come dry winter, bring out the big guns. You know what I’m talking about: castor oil, Shea butter, EVOO, coconut oil and those necessary hot oil treatments!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what your tresses taught you this year!